Things to Check When Buying a Used Car
Buying a car is a big deal for any Winder-area driver whether that car is new or used. You want to be sure that you’re making the right decision, and you may not know where to start when checking whether the car is a good one. Learning the things to check when buying a used car can help you feel more in control. Took a look at our guide to find out more.
What to Check When Buying a Used Car: At Home
To simplify the car-buying process, do this preparation at your home in Monroe before you even step out the door.
- Create a Budget: Check your budget and see how much you can afford to spend on a vehicle. This will give you a better idea of what vehicles you can afford. Our payment calculator can help you figure out monthly payments for different vehicles, and our value your trade-in tool can help you find out how much trading in your old vehicle will save you.
- Read Automotive Reviews: Go to websites like Kelley Blue Book and J.D. Power and Associates to find out how makes and model years have aged. The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety is also a good source of vehicle safety information that covers many years. This information can help you determine cost of ownership.
- Find the Right Year, Make, and Model: Use your financial information and vehicle information to find three quality makes and models that are in your price range.
What to Check When Buying a Used Car: At the Dealership
Once you get to the lot, the status of each individual used vehicle may be unique. These are the things to check when buying a used car:
- The Vehicle History Report: The better a vehicle’s maintenance record, the longer that vehicle is likely to last. Find the vehicle with the best possible maintenance record you can find, that has a clean title, and that hasn’t been involved in any accidents. Verify the miles on the odometer with the vehicle history report, as well as how many owners the vehicle had.
- How it Drives: With any vehicle, you’ll want to take it for a test drive. This isn’t just to see how fun it is to drive it around Watkinsville, it also alerts you to any unusual noises or vibrations as well as whether there is enough power and responsive braking.
- The Vehicle’s Condition: Every used car at Phil Hughes Honda is inspected for dependability and safety by our service department. Our certified pre-owned vehicles have even passed an inspection mandated by the manufacturer. Even so, with any used vehicle, you have the right to have the vehicle inspected by a mechanic of your choice before buying it.
Your Next Vehicle is Waiting at Phil Hughes Honda
Now you know what to check when buying a used car, come find yours at our dealership in Athens. Contact us with your used car questions.
More from Phil Hughes Honda
If you’re in need of a mighty pickup truck that can assist you on Winder roads, then you’re sure to be impressed by the new 2023 Honda Ridgeline towing capacity. So, how much can the Honda Ridgeline tow? When equipped with available AWD, this Honda truck can tow up to 5,000 pounds and is…
Honda has been known for delivering great fuel-efficient SUVs for your Winder and Monroe drives, and the new 2023 Honda HR-V mpg ratings continue that reputation. This excellent Honda SUV delivers striking fuel savings along with an extra boost to get you around town or far from home with ease. Learn more about the…
If you need a spacious crossover that’s also easy to get around Winder and Monroe, then you’re sure to love the new 2022 Honda Pilot MPG ratings. This one-of-a-kind Honda crossover delivers the brand’s exceptional fuel savings along with excellent performance capabilities to take your daily drive to the next level. Take a closer…