If you’re getting ready to upgrade your Athens commute with a new 2020 Honda Accord or 2020 Honda Pilot you have probably noticed these and many other new Honda vehicles come with a proprietary safety suite called Honda Sensing. So, what is Honda Sensing? Phil Hughes Honda has all the vital information you need to know about these remarkable safety features below!
What Honda Sensing Features are Available?
If you want your new Honda to keep you safe on Winder and Monroe highways, the Honda Sensing suite can provide more Here are the highlights of the safety suite below:
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC): This maintains a preset distance from the cars in front of you using sophisticated sensors.
- Road Departure Mitigation System (RDM): With a tiny camera, this Honda Sensing feature detects road markings to get a “picture” of the road and warn you when it seems that you are veering off course.
- Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS): This system will perform small and controlled adjustments to your steering wheel with the aim of helping you stay in your lane, assuring the smoothest Watkinsville drive.
- Collision Mitigation Braking System (CMBS): This system uses sensors to stop the car if it senses a vehicle or other obstacle, stopping you from accidentally rear-ending another driver!
- Traffic Sign Recognition (TSR): This system uses a camera to “read” signs such as speed limit signs ahead of you and displays them inside your vehicle so you’re always aware of what’s going on.
Should anything happen or go wrong with your vehicle, it’s always a great idea to contact a service center. Now, let’s move onto another common question: “Can you turn off Honda Sensing?”
Can You Turn Off Honda Sensing?
If you’re finding some of these automated features difficult, can you turn off Honda Sensing? It’s possible to turn off or adjust the settings on your Honda Sensing with these simple steps”
- Lane Keep Assist can be deactivated by repeatedly pressing down on the MAIN button of your steering wheel up to the point that all the sensors are off.
- The Road Departure Mitigation System can be deactivated by simply pressing the button located under the ECON button.
Find Out More about Honda Safety with Phil Hughes Honda!
If you’re looking for Honda vehicles in Athens with sophisticated technology features and genuine OEM parts, Phil Hughes Honda is happy to help! We are excited to give you all the information you need to find the right vehicle for you. Please contact us today with all of your questions and to schedule your next service appointment!