2021 Honda CR-V Towing Capacity
If you’re looking for a fuel-efficient compact SUV with impressive towing specs for its size, look no further than the Honda CR-V! So how much can a Honda CR-V tow to your favorite getaway spots outside Winder? When properly equipped with the available Honda CR-V tow hitch and tow package, the CR-V can take on an impressive 1,500 pounds. Below, Phil Hughes Honda takes a closer look at the 2021 Honda CR-V towing specs and the features included Phil Hughes Honda the Honda CR-V towing package.
How Much Can a Honda CR-V Tow?
Depending on the trim level and optional features you select, the Honda CR-V towing capacity will vary. You’ll need to add the available Honda CR-V towing package, which equips your CR-V with a suite of features designed to maximize towing power. With the ability to tow 1,500 pounds, your CR-V can easily handle sporting and camping equipment like the following:
- An ATV
- Jet skis
- Small teardrop camper
- Small non-motorized boat
- 16-foot tandem axle utility trailer
Thanks to the CR-V’s hefty payload capacity, you can carry heavy loads even without hooking up your Honda CR-V tow hitch. Fold down the rear seats to open up more room, and then load up to 1,106 pounds of gear and supplies!
Honda CR-V Towing Package
How much can a Honda CR-V tow with and without the towing package? While you’ll still be able to tow 1,500 pounds with the base trim, the towing package provides extra assurance that you can tow safely at maximum capacity. Features like the Honda CR-V tow hitch and hitch harness are designed to make towing safer and easier than ever. On the tech side, the CR-V’s active driver-assist systems monitor traction and other driving conditions, and automatically make adjustments to keep you in control:
- Honda CR-V Towing Package – The towing package includes all the gear you need to effortlessly tow heavy loads: tow hitch, drawbar, hitch harness, and optional Power Tailgate Hands-Free Access Adapter.
- Hill Start Assist – Engage Hill Start Assist on steep inclines, and CR-V won’t roll back down when you move your foot between the brake and gas pedals.
- Vehicle Stability Assist™ (VSA®) with Traction Control – This system adjusts torque distribution to improve traction on slick surfaces.
- Brake Assist – This system employs the brakes automatically if a collision is likely and the driver isn’t able to respond in time.
- Real-Time AWD with Intelligent Control System™– Available Honda Real-Time AWD™ enhances handling and traction, even when Monroe driving conditions are at their toughest.
Honda CR-V Cargo Space
Another perk that you might not expect from a small SUV is a super-spacious cargo hold! But the CR-V’s 60/40-split rear seats make it easy to reconfigure your cargo and seating space in seconds, opening up room for all your carry-ons:
- Cargo Volume Behind 1st Row – 75.8 cubic feet
- Cargo Volume Behind 2nd Row – 39.2 cubic feet
Test Drive a New Honda CR-V in Athens
Now that you’ve heard what a Honda CR-V can do, why not get behind the wheel and experience it for yourself? Contact us today to schedule a test drive with your favorite Honda CR-V on our lot near Watkinsville to learn more about the Honda CR-V Safety Rating, and check out our CR-V lease deals to see how much you can save on your new SUV!
Learn More About the CR-V
If you’re looking for a fuel-efficient compact SUV with impressive towing specs for its size, look no further than the Honda CR-V! So how much can a Honda CR-V tow to your favorite getaway spots outside Winder? When properly equipped with the available Honda CR-V tow hitch and tow package, the CR-V can take on…
From its spacious cargo hold to a tech-packed cabin, the Honda CR-V ticks all the boxes for families across Winder. To top it off, the Honda CR-V MPG reaches as high as 28 city / 34 highway* — numbers you’d expect from a sedan. That’s why it should come as no surprise that the…